Support NPI today!
Make a difference today...
Fight food insecurity and support nutrition programs for California’s most vulnerable populations.
You can help ensure access to healthy food and nutrition programs for millions of children. In this critical time, the COVID-19 pandemic has increased health disparities and put low-income families at great risk.
University of California’s Nutrition Policy Institute (NPI) is conducting research aimed at creating systemic change in order to improve low-income children’s health and opportunities for a brighter future.
With your help, we can continue to tackle the most pressing issues of our time and ensure equitable access to healthy food for children, families, and our communities.
We Need Change
Partner with us on our strategic priorities that directly support:
- EXPANDING low-income children’s access to free meals in schools or at home
- INCREASING participation in Calfresh to provide low-income families access to healthy nutritious meals
- STRENGTHENING nutrition programs for women, infants, and children (WIC)
- MENTORING underrepresented nutrition policy students to increase racial diversity in the field
- ADVISING effective food policy with evidence-based guidance
For over 20 years, the University of California’s Nutrition Policy Institute has conducted research and provided policymakers with data to support the provision of healthier foods for children in childcare, schools, and federal food programs. Our work has shown that good nutrition linked with evidence-based research can decrease risk factors for debilitating diseases such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.