The Nutrition Policy Institute is offering a free online training with curriculum based on technical assistance we’ve provided to over 20 food banks across the U.S. The training is designed for professionals working in the charitable food assistance network, nutritionists, public health professionals, anti-hunger advocates, educators and anyone interested in hunger and health. It covers:
- The benefits for food banks, clients and other stakeholders of having a nutrition policy,
- What a sound food bank nutrition policy looks like,
- Engaging stakeholders in the policy development process to maximize the chances of successful implementation,
- How to be a persuasive advocate for improving nutrition quality of charitable foods, and
- How to address food bank organizational concerns about nutrition policies
This 30-minute, on-demand online training for child care providers is a fun and an interactive way to learn about the latest recommendations for healthy beverages for children and help child care providers meet the requirements of the California Healthy Beverages in Child Care Act (AB 2084). Providers outside of California may have similar beverage requirements. All young children, regardless of licensing or Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) requirements, can benefit from consuming healthy beverages. The training is available in both English and Spanish.